Thursday, May 17, 2012

A lot of things to say

I know I haven't post as usual as I used to, I really haven't too much time for that. And as you can read for my older posts, I don't feel on the mood. However I have a lot of things to say, one of those things is Heavy storm.

Heavy storm had to come back after all people setting their entire back row. It was clear to all of us, that the psychological effect of heavy storm in the game is important. However, right now I think we all see thing a little different. Wind-up, chaos dragon and heriatics are creating some many OTKs everywhere, and we can't create a backrow defense because of Heavy storm (and MST at 3). We also have Insektor, Rabbit and DW, they are not as deadly as the other three, but the presence of heavy is also a problem against them. We could think this is konami's fault and maybe it is, but that is not the point. Heavy storm become a problem by itself, it makes lightsworm, karakuri and agents really deadly. Somehow we forgot how broken is Heavy storm, and why it shouldn't be on the game.

What we need is something with the same effect of heavy storm, but with more cost or harder to play, I mean less broken. That is why I thought Heavy storm will be banned when Storm and Absorbing Jar was created, but it didn't happen. In fact, any card that should be banned was not banned in March. But today things become more clear to me.

First we have Poseidra as the boss monster of the next structural, wich effect only work on a format without heavy. And now we have an exclusive Heavy storm for the water archtype (Abyss-Strom) that send cards (not destroy). So, right now I feel pretty sure of heavy storm is going to be banned on september.




















The result is pretty simple; we will be able to build a defense line against Insektor, Wind-up and heriatics. Older decks like BW, GB or GK will rise again, but only the decks which can be abuse of "Storm" will reach the competitive level, like Ninjas. Also ninjas have a lot of synergy with dragons, sea serpents and dinosaurs, three archetype that are well supported right now.

Honestly I see the game going in a good direction in september, if I'm right...

No comments:

Post a Comment