Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tag Duel

I think I never talk about my personal life on this blog. I mean, my personal yugi-oh life. So, maybe is time to through some light on that.

I'm a tournament organizer on Cordoba, Spain. Some friends and I made a project to use a government house to play card games. The entire House is used for children's activities, we only made to project to use one room, one day, each week. The project was approved, so we go a play in a safe and nice play, where nobody messes with us, or nobody is forcing us to buy anything. I'm really proud of all we build there, if you want to know more about it, you can check CordobaDeck's blog.

We decide to spice things a little since the format become so nasty. That is the point when I re-designed the Tag Duel rules. This new rules are pretty similar to old UDE rules about tag duels, 2 (A and B) players play against 2 (C and D) players in teams and take turns to make the moves. So First turn is player A, second Turn is player C, then Player B, and finally D. Then it goes to player A again and so on.

The new thing here is the entire team has to follow the ban list. For example, only one player (A or B) can have heavy storm in the deck. Another new rule is that both players share the field, the graveyard and RFG, but they don't share the deck, the extra deck or their hands. This means that you can syncro or xyz summon with the monsters of your partner, or use call of the hunted on your partner monster. The best part maybe is that you can remove your partner monster to summon light Pulsar or chaos Sorcerer.

The result was delightful, we played an entire tournament with 6 teams and it was fun as hell. The winner was a Twilight-inzektor team. If you want to know more about the rules you can read on this link, but it is in spanish. I can translate it if anyone really want it.

I hope you like this idea.

1 comment:

  1. hello dude, tag duels can ba a lot of fun. I used to play with my friends but now were lacking of people to do so... either way i liked the idea of sharing the ban list and will give a try for sure. We used to play like a 5'ds riding duel also.

    ReplyDelete