Sunday, September 15, 2013

Something weird on this new format

At the beginning of this format I did what I always do, testing old decks. Many of you do the same, however for me is bit different because I use to test my old weird decks. Usually I win most of those games because my opponent don't know what I'm playing or don't know what to expect (creativity win games sometimes).

However this format was different, I lost most of those duels. Also, some of my old decks wasn't really playable or able to adapt to the new ban list. The format was so shaped, that I found myself restricted to left behind many of old decks.

I keep thinking about it, but I'm not sure what happened. The lack of staple on the game have bigger consequences that I thought.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that it's the lack of staples. Rouge decks are typically less able to play around staples than the top decks, in my experience. I think that the reason why creative decks can't do well this format is because of the ridiculous power creep. I tried out using Nordics this format, and I just got stomped because everything is so much faster now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to write the same thing in the second paragraph, but decided not to. Instead, I said "the format is shaped" which means, Konami already create decks strong enough to force others decks to play around his moves or die.

      Delete