Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our own power over the game

Many people is complaining about how broken are all the TCG exclusive cards, and honestly I start to feeling the same way. Konami makes a lot of profits creating those broken cards and, like any other company, is good strategy business. I understand that, and I really don't care how expensive a card could be. What I really care is how broken a card could be, and how it can change the meta. Suddenly tour guide and tengu creates a new and broken deck.

This is not the first time it happens, and it won't be the last if we do nothing about it. Maybe Konami creates the game, the rules and the cards. But we buy it, we analyze it, we build it and play it. Should be in our hands to decide if a card is playable or not. When the designer makes something wrong is in the hands of the user to fix it.

If I organize a tournament, Tour guide will be illegal. Maybe the tournament won't be official, but at least won't be broken.

The diversity is one of the things that make this game so beautiful, we could work together to fix it...

I don't know, maybe I'm dreaming too much...

2 comments:

  1. if i do a tournament, Tourguide AND Tengu would be banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm yes, that sound better. Thanks

    ReplyDelete