Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Brionac?

The card that I want to talk about it is this:

Beast Lord Volcan
lv6 syncro
 2000 / 1600
1 tuner + 1 or more no tuners

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Target 1 face-up card on each side of the field; return those targets to the hand, and if you do, cards with the same name as the card that was returned from your side of field (if Spell or Trap) cannot be activated, or (if Monster) cannot activate their effects for the rest of this turn. You can only use the effect of "Beast God Vulcan" once per turn.

and I know many of you will think that it can't be remotely similar to this:


Brionac, dragon of the ice barrier
lv6 syncro
2300/1400
1 tuner + 1 or more no tuners
You can discard any number of cards to the Graveyard to target the same number of cards on the field; return those targets to the hand.

And you might be right, Beast lord volcan is not brionac but tell me one thing. What generic lv6 syncro you usually summon if you need to? Gaia? and to do what, attack? The true is that nothing can rid off things better than brionac. And after brionac went to the banlist, lv6 syncro was similar to rank 1 xyz, totally useless.


Now we can see Volcan like the new best lv6 syncro capable of get rid of things. Is like a well-design Brionac. Let see how this card evolve in the ocg meta. 

3 comments:

  1. I want to do this: >>> The first is the Zombie combo. Goblin Zombie and Plaguespreader Zombie together will Synchro summon Brionac. Goblin Zombie will let me search for Mezuki, and I'll discard him to Brionac to eject one of my opponent's monsters. Then I can remove Mezuki to special summon Goblin Zombie, and I can bring back Plaguespreader Zombie and Synchro summon again. I get Goyo Guardian or Revived King Ha Des, and then my two Synchro monsters can deal over 5000 damage.]”

    how can I use Beast Lord Volcan in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old school zombie combo. I remember when I saw that the first time in the hands of Rodrigo Togores. Sadly, it can't be done anymore and Beast Lord Volcan won't help you.

      Volcan and Brionac can both return cards to hand, but the way they do it are completely different. Sorry if this disappoint you.

      Delete