Monday, December 19, 2011

Lack of inspiration

The game have been going downhill for me (and for many other people i guess). The precense of Tourguide, zenmaines among others make this game looks really awful. In fact, I don't care that all the people is playing the same or all the best cards in the game have a ridiculous price. What piss me off is that you have to play specific strategies if you don't want to play any of those cards. For example if you want to deal with zenmaines, you can remove from game or bounce it to the extra. So whether you play a strategy capable of bring brionac easily or you play a chaos strategy capable of remove zenmaines without loss cards.

Also, with all the boss monsters going around in the game, there is no reason to feel safe behind stardust, which is the core of the whole syncro phylosophy. There is no diversity in the syncros option, that makes obsolete almost 70% of the strategies that I love in this game.

I'm thinking about the next banlist, I know is too early, but I don't think there is nothing else to think about this format.

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about playing YGO in a variety of different ways? In Magic, I noticed there are over 20 different formats for players that you can play in.

    Imagine how interesting YGO would be if one format only allowed so-so booster packs, or another format that allows only the use of WATER and FIRE monsters.

    I really think YGO needs more formats for players can express their creativity and stuff, just like how Pokemon (the video game) has four tiers and Magic has over dozen of formats.

    Maybe you could try making your own format where only WATER and FIRE monsters are allowed with your friends Eh_Chavo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let see... We have Advanced format, traditional format, and pegasus league. And even though only advanced format is really playable.

    This game really needs more variety of formats, but I'm not sure all my friends here will agree with game.

    Thans for the advice Lost Blue Breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats why i have stop blogging for a while. there is nothing interesting in YGO nowadays but DN and local tournaments. also university exams are here. if you want to have somne fun before the banlist. take a chance on Frog Lancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already played a lot of frog monarch the last month. I Know Lancer is a great card for the deck, I'm tired of the whole strategy right now.

    I'm building a psych deck, and I think I almost finish.

    ReplyDelete