Monday, May 2, 2011

Nordic Leaves

I know I have been writing in Spanish lately and some of my readers can't understand it. So I'm going to make a little recap. I went to a regional this weekend, the 1 to 9º positions won a entry to the European championship, also a lot of prices. So I decided to participate with my "Nordic leaves" deck. After six rounds, I ended 5-1. So I get my entry to the European championship. Sadly, I'm not European, so I couldn't go. In the last round, I dropped. In this way, at least someone will be able to go to the European championship.

The tournament was great. I played with a lot of strong opponents. I even have a opportunity to play against Rodrigo Togores (a European champion) and I won! My last post is a little report about the tournament and the rounds, I could translate it, but I don't really know if someone really wants to know it. So, I prefer to talk about the deck I used and why it gave me so many victories.

3 Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
2 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2 Card Trooper
1 Glow-Up Bulb
3 Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts
3 Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts
1 Dandylion
2 Lonefire Blossom
1 Spore
1 Sangan
2 effect veiler

1 Foolish Burial
1 Mind Control
2 Pot of Avarice
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
2 Mark of the Rose
2 D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation


1 Starlight Road
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Dust Tornado
1 dimensional prison

So, the main frame of this deck is hamster, guldfaxe and tanngnjostr. That let me go for lv 7 and 8 syncro. Usually some people make black rose every time they can, others use voltic bicorn. But after some testing I decide to use powertool dragon, so I can go for mark of the rose or DDR. Two great cards that lead me make more syncro summons or push for game (mark of the rose and a guldfaxe in hand are a great combination). In the other side, I can make Stardust or Scrap dragon if I can managed to make a lv8 syncro. The second part of the deck, is something that I don't see anybody playing it, the plant syncro engine. So, every body put it in a Psych deck (OCG) or a Karakuri deck (TCG). But nobody try it in nordics...

Probably the main reason to play plants in this deck, is not only the incredible syncro ability it have, but the mark of rose itself. Believe it or not, this card wins games. Do you remember how deadly was brain control or snatch steal? This card is same, but even better. First you have to remove a plant, something awesome if you have ddr in your hand to bring back that lonefire and get spore from the deck. Second this card as no limitation, so you can play even three if you want. Third, this card is searchable via powertool. Fourth, with so many people paying life points all the time, I usually need to attack twice to win a game. Well this card makes that even easier. Once I stole a Scrap dragon, attack and then destroyed itself and a set warning, full advantage.

DDR is a great equip card. With too many people playing dimensional prison and chain disappearance, A DDR can win game too. Once, my opponent had 300 life points. So I actived ddr and bring back spore, my opponent use chain disappear but I used another ddr to win the game. Another excellent target if you play power tool dragon.

Some people think they need to play 6 equip card to use power tool effect, but they are totally wrong. Using only four, you have 60% to start with 1 equip card, but only a 10% to start with two. So you will always able to search with power tool, and since the syncro came almost free thanks to the nordic engine, You get a extra card. Also If you start with 2 mark of rose and lonefire, you are literally leave your opponent without monsters. Bring glow-up bulb and steal a monster, then bring back bulb and stole another monster.

Probably the main reason of my victory in the regional was the surprise factor. Most of the people didn't except to lose a monster, and even receive damage from him. Only a few people know what the nordics are capable of, and nobody knew if they should negate powertool or not. Some people use veiler, others waste a warning. But then I syncro a stardust in the same turn or scrap dragon and attack.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your great job in the regional Pablo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espero no nos castigues a los hispanos con tanto ingles jaja

    Muy buen deck, muy buena reseña =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, it is interesting deck, can you write your extra deck here, please?:-)

    ReplyDelete